OZ-001 MODE OF ACTION
: NOVEL DUAL ACTION (METABOLIC & TARGETED ANTICANCER DRUG)
OZ-001 is small molecule compound which has novel dual action blocking T-type Ca2+ channel and inhibiting STAT3 activation. We confirm that
OZ-001 bind excellent to T-type Ca2+ channel . OZ-001 induce cell cycle arrest, inhibitor of cell growth and apoptosis. We confirm that OZ-001 induce cellular
signaling pathway related to STAT3.
To characterize the type of STAT3 inhibition by OZ-001, a blind docking study was performed with the whole crystal structure of STAT3 to determine potential binding sites.
The results of the docking study showed OZ-001 could fit exclusively within the SH2 domain.
- NOVEL DUAL ACTION SMALL MOLECULE (METABOLIC & TARGETED ANTICANCER DRUG)
- SELECTIVITY (POTENT T-TYPE Ca2+ CHANNEL SELECTIVITY), HIGH POTENCY, SAFETY
- PATENTED PRODUCT
BLOCKING OF T-TYPE Ca2+ CHANNEL
: INHIBITION OF METABOLIC PROCESS OF CANCER BY CELL CYCLE ARREST
<Scheme of T-type Ca2+ channel blocker action>more
Scheme of T-type Ca2+ channel blocker actionclosed
Backgroud of T-type Ca2+ channel Blocker develpoment
Intracellular Ca2+ regulates numerous crucial cellular processes, including cell cycle, proliferation, transcription, exocytosis, hormone release, cell motility, and cell death. A Ca2+ channel is an ion channel which shows selective permeability to calcium ions. Among Ca2+ channel, T-type Ca2+ channels are often overexpressed in different human cancers and participate in the regulation of cell cycle progression, proliferation, migration, and survival. Based on these observations, it has been suggested that T-type Ca2+ channels may play an important role in cancer growth and progression and, therefore, may be a poten tially attractive target for cancer therapy.
Targeting STAT3 Protein
: Inhibition STAT3 (Oncoprotein) Phosphorylation Pathway
<Interaction of OZ-001 with the SH2 domain of STAT3>more
Interaction of OZ-001 with the SH2 domain of STAT3closed
- We confirmed that OZ-001 anti-cancer drug effect in lung cancer cell lines and lung cancer xenograft model.
The results are published
- Ongoing, we are studying anti-cancer drug effect of OZ-001 in pancreatic cancer and TNBC.
- We confirmed that OZ-001 shows anti-cancer effect in T-type Ca2+ channel overexpressed cancer cell line.
(Lung cancer, Pancreatic cancer, Breast cancer cell line etc.)
- Also, we anticipate that OZ-001 is novel compounds which has anti-cancer drug effect with dual action.
- Pflugers Arch - Eur J Physiol (2014) 466:801–810